Pulmonary Treatment and Recovery
The physicians, surgeons, nurses, and technology specialists at Jefferson Regional Medical Center bring together their collective experience to provide a range of healthcare services for patients with lung illnesses such as emphysema, COPD, asthma, sleep disorders, and cancer.
In addition to using clinically proven, cutting-edge equipment, our medical and support staff provides education and social services for patients and their families throughout the treatment and healing process. After treatment, patients can continue their care in our pulmonary rehabilitation programs — one of the largest in western Pennsylvania.
Recently Jefferson Regional Medical Center has opened new facilities that are specially designed to house state-of-the-art equipment for the treatment of these medical conditions.
- Our Intensive Care Unit serves as the place for skilled nurses and medical staff to deliver critical care services such as bronchoscopy; advanced ventilator management, including BiPap; cardiac and advanced physiological monitoring; round-the-clock, on-site respiratory therapy; physical therapy; pharmacological intervention; infectious disease consultation; nutritional counseling; social services and spiritual care.
- The Jefferson Regional Medical Center Cancer Center is staffed by oncologists, hematologists, surgeons, pathologists, and pulmonary disease specialists to provide intensive treatment for patients with lung cancer.
- Our cardiothoracic operating rooms provide our medical staff with facilities for delivering top-quality surgical care with the benefit of a recovery hospital stay close to home.
Other features of our lung care program facilities include
- emergency services with specialization in pulmonary illnesses;
- a bronchoscopic therapeutic suite;
- a pulmonary rehabiltation center;
- inpatient and outpatient services for physical therapy and rehabilitation and occupational therapy;
- a pulmonary function assessment center; and
- an advanced step-down ventilator unit.
We are also a satellite clinic for the UPMC National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT). Our participating helps us deliver to our patients new opportunities for managing this disease.
Our Sleep Disorder clinic provides testing for sleep apnea and other pulmonary-related sleeping disorders. Our specialists can recommend advanced therapy including home oxygen or BiPap.
In addition to our treatment services, we help patients recover from surgery with our inpatient and outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation programs. These services help patients regain functional ability of the lungs or adjust to the use of equipment for breathing assistance.