Treatment of a short-term or long-term lung illness begins with an accurate diagnosis by physicians, nurses, and staff who are experienced at looking and listening for the signs of problem. Jefferson Regional Medical Center is home to a full spectrum of facilities dedicated towards the diagnostics of lung conditions.
From our high-quality emergency room to our diagnostic imaging labs, our facilities include technologically advanced equipment for examining the lungs. We can perform tests such as
- spiral CT scans.
- bronchoscopic procedures, which provide capabilities to obtain non-surgical biopsies for early detection of cancer and lung disorders.
- nuclear lung scans.
- pulmonary function testing, including the body box test for lung volumes and diffusion studies.
- advanced heart and lung stress testing including pulse oximetry and methacholine testing for environmental or exercise-induced asthma.
- a Sleep Disorder clinic for diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea and other pulmonary-related sleeping disorders.
- a state-of-the-art lab and blood gas analysis system.
The Jefferson Regional Medical Center Cancer Center is a specialized department for diagnosing and treating lung cancer.
Our staff represents specialists from all of the areas needed to quickly form a diagnosis of the problem, including registered nurses who specialize in cancer and pulmonary care, registered respiratory therapists, pulmonary function technologists, registered CT technologists, and registered nuclear medicine technologists.
This staff partners with a team of physicians and surgeons with years of experience and board certification in diagnosing and treating lung illnesses, including pulmonary specialists, cardiothoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, oncologists, emergency physicians and primary care physicians.
For more information about Heart and Lung Care at Jefferson Regional Medical Center, call 412-469-5000.