Endocrinologists specialize in disorders of the internal (endocrine) glands such as the thyroid and adrenal glands. The endocrinologists at Jefferson Regional Medical Center are experienced in diagnosing and treating the following conditions.
- Metabolic and Nutritional Disorders
- Pituitary Diseases
- Menstrual and Sexual Problems
Diabetes Self-Management Education
People with diabetes can participate a unique educational program at Jefferson Regional Medical Center. The program is designed to teach people living with diabetes essential skills in managing their condition.
Your physician must refer you to the program, and registration is required. Call 412-469-7100 for more information.
The program staff includes a registered nurse, a physician, a dietician, and a psychologist. The program includes four weekly sessions that cover the following subjects:
- Session 1: Overview of diabetes, medications, monitoring, and acute complications
- Session 2: Exercise and activity, stress and psychological adjustments, and family and social support
- Session 3: Nutrition, exercise, medications, glucose levels, and sick day guidelines
- Session 4: Chronic complications, and foot, eye, skin, and dental care
For a schedule and class location, visit our online Calendar of Events.
For more information about Endocrinology at Jefferson Regional Medical Center, call 412-469-7000.