The department is equipped to provide high quality, urgent care as well as a comfortable environment for those waiting with a patient.
We feature 24-hour valet parking and security service. Courtesy aides, greeters, and spiritual care are also available during scheduled and on-call hours. The facility also includes a Quiet Room to provide families in crisis a private space for discussion.
Special medical features are listed below.
- Specialty treatment rooms for patients in Behavioral Health, OB/GYN, Eye/Ear/Nose/Throat, Isolation/Decontamination, and Orthopedics.
- 37 emergency beds, including 29 with cardiac monitors.
- Quick CareSM area, staffed from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., is available for all minor injuries, such as cuts, rashes, sprains, and colds. Patients can rest in a separate waiting area before an examination by our skilled nursing staff, a certified nurse practioner, physicians assistant, or a physician back up.
- Radiology services are available day and night for emergency x-rays, reducing the time spent waiting for final x-ray readings.
- Skilled staff and specialized equipment for emergency heart care patients requiring catheterization or open heart surgery.
- Safe Haven, a place to protect newborns who might otherwise be abandoned or harmed.
In addition, the EMS Department operates an EMS Communication Center with 24-hour coverage from a location in the Emergency Department. EMT or Paramedic specialists manage more than 10,000 contacts annually from EMS field providers and facilitate EMS-based transportation services for patients requiring off-site procedures or receiving hospital discharge.