Emergency Services at Jefferson Regional
No one ever looks forward to visiting the Emergency Room, but when medical attention can’t wait, put your trust in Jefferson Regional to provide the fastest, most courteous, and advanced medical care possible.
You can count on our care.
The Joint Commission certified Jefferson Regional Medical Center as a Primary Stroke Center – this prestigious distinction recognizes Jefferson Regional’s team of medical professionals for its efforts in achieving exceptional outcomes for stroke patients.
Jefferson’s emergency and trauma-trained physicians and medical staff process more than 50,000 ED visits each year.
Jefferson regional offers two options to suit all of your emergency care needs.
Our policy has always been to treat the most seriously injured or ill patients first. If you have a question or concern about our care, or your wait time -- please ask! We pride ourselves keeping you informed at all times.
Arrival and Triage
When you arrive at the Emergency Department at Jefferson Regional Medical Center, a triage nurse will greet you, and ask for basic information, including the reason for your visit. You will then be directed to our Emergency Department or to our Quick Care treatment area. A registration clerk will verify all personal and insurance information, and provide a “consent for treatment’ form to sign. In compliance with our non-discrimination policy, Jefferson Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department provides medical care to patients regardless of financial situation.
Jefferson Regional Quick Caresm is a dedicated fast-track treatment area open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week.
Located next to the Emergency Department, Quick Care speeds the treatment of minor medical conditions that are urgent, but not life-threatening: sprains, strains, broken bones, and lacerations. Our goal is to have patients examined, treated, and discharged in about an hour.
All patients of Quick Care have access to the full resources of Jefferson Regional Medical Center, our state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and emergency care specialists, regardless of the injury or illness.
Those requiring more comprehensive care will be escorted to an examination room for treatment by an Emergency Department physician. Treatment may include an examination, and tests such as a blood test, cardiogram, X-ray, CT, or medication. If necessary, we will consult with your personal physician or a specialist. If you are admitted to the hospital, an Emergency Department staff member will escort you to your room.
At the end of your visit, a nurse or physician will summarize your treatment, go over written discharge instructions, and answer any questions you may have.
Your Comfort is Important to Us.
- 24-hour valet parking and security service is available for all Emergency Department patients at no cost; self-parking is available in the visitor’s lot. We will validate your parking ticket before departure from the Emergency Department.
- For your convenience, public restrooms, public telephone access, and vending machines are located behind the Security office adjacent to the reception area.
- A children’s play area with tables and chairs, and coloring books and crayons (provided at your request), is available for younger visitors and their families.
- Cell phones are permitted in waiting rooms, but not in the patient examination rooms.
- We encourage family members to remain with the patient; however, there may be times when we need to limit visitors for the patient’s well-being.
- Spiritual care services and a Quiet Room for private discussion are always available for patients and families.