Diagnostic imaging utilizes x-ray and digital imaging equipment to determine the location and nature of an illness. Diagnostic imaging procedures may also be used throughout a treatment program to measure the effectiveness of the treatment. Jefferson Regional Medical Center and JRMC Diagnostic Services provides a wide range of diagnostic imaging services, including
- general radiology, including conventional and full-field digital x-rays
- cardiology tests (echocardiography; cardiac CT; EKG; nuclear medicine/stress tests)
- screening and diagnostic mammography; stereotactic biopsies and ultrasound-guided needle aspirations
- PET/CT scans
- Ultrasound (including cardiac, breast and pelvic)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Our radiologists are board certified and subspecialty trained in their area of expertise; an on-site radiologist is available at all times at Jefferson Regional Medical Center for consultation/interpretation of diagnostic imaging.