Our trained, certified, and compassionate behavioral health care specialists can provide the help and support you need to manage life’s challenges and help you feel good again.
Outpatient Counseling and Wellness
Jefferson Regional Counseling and Wellness Services, with locations throughout the South Hills of Pittsburgh, provide access to the behavioral health care specialists of Jefferson Regional Medical Center.
We offer assessment and therapy services for mental and emotional health issues including depression, anxiety, panic disorders and phobias, stress, grief, dementia, marital and family problems, trauma, abuse, self-esteem development and obsessive-compulsive disorders.
One or several therapy services may be used in our individualized treatment plans:
• Comprehensive Assessment: we provide psychiatric, psychological, and psychosocial evaluations.
• Counseling and Psychotherapy: we work toward clarification and resolution of significant life issues and challenges for individuals, couples, families, and groups. (Learn More)
• Hypnotherapy and Guided Imagery: our guided sessions help: to relieve pain, anxiety, and nausea; with smoking cessation; and with weight management. (Learn More)
• Stress Management/Relaxation Therapy: our programs use techniques to reduce anxiety, tension, and stress, and develop effective management strategies. (Learn More)
• Medication Therapy: medications are prescribed and monitored by a board-certified psychiatrist.
Appointments can be made by calling 412-881-2255 and arranged based on your schedule.
Intensive Outpatient Program
In addition to weekly therapy, Jefferson Regional’s Intensive Outpatient Program offers more intensive levels of support and care for patients following hospitalization.
Our program consists of up to nine hours of therapy per week; treatment may include spiritual counseling, individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, recreational therapy, psychological assessment, psychiatric consultation and care, and family counseling.
For more infromation call 412-469-5000.
Jefferson Regional’s Inpatient Psychiatric Unit cares for those with conditions such as clinical depression, anxiety disorders, and schizophrenia.
Therapies include individual, group, and family counseling; electroconvulsive therapy; occupational and recreational therapy; support groups, and 24-hour crisis intervention.
Emergency psychiatric care is available 24-hours a day through the Jefferson Regional Emergency Department. For information, call 412-469-5000.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employers and employees have access to the medical and behavioral health care needed to return to optimal health and productivity. We provide counseling services for employees, consultations regarding behavioral health issues to management, and training programs for such topics as stress management. For information call 412-881-2255.