E-Mail a Patient Guidelines & Terms
Guidelines for Sending E-mail to Patients at Jefferson
- E-mail messages will be delivered to inpatients only. We are not able to deliver messages to patients coming to the hospital for same day surgery or outpatient testing.
- Patient e-mail is checked daily around 11 A.M. Monday through Friday. Any messages received after this time will be delivered on the following weekday. Messages sent over the weekend may not be delivered until the following Monday.
- Messages are hand-delivered by Volunteer Services around 12 P.M. Monday through Friday only.
- Messages are only delivered to patients listed in the hospital directory. If the e-mail recipient is no longer a patient of the hospital or is not listed in the hospital directory, the message will be deleted and destroyed without delivery.
- Unfortunately, we can only receive and deliver messages at this time. We are not able to provide a response from the patient or provide outgoing e-mail services for patients.
Although we respect message confidentiality, please be aware that your message will be viewed, printed and delivered by a hospital volunteer. The e-mail service should not be used for confidential communications and is meant to be used solely as a method of sending encouragement to patients in the hospital. Please do not include information of a personal nature or include any medical or diagnostic information. Messages of an inappropriate nature will immediately be destroyed without delivery.
Patients may be contacted directly by telephone by calling the main switchboard at 412-469-5000.
By U.S. Mail
Greeting cards addressed to patients can also be sent via U.S. Mail to:
Jefferson Regional Medical Center
Attn: (Name of Patient)
PO Box 18119
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Jefferson Regional Medical Center reserves the right to refuse delivery of any e-mail greeting if we determine, for whatever reason, that the greeting is inappropriate. In no event shall Jefferson Regional Medical Center be liable to you or anyone else for any damages, fees, fines, penalties or liabilities arising out of or relating in any way to the content contained in your patient e-mail greeting.
Acceptance of an e-mail by this site does not mean that the intended recipient is now, nor was previously a patient at Jefferson Regional Medical Center.