Our Spiritual Care Department is an important component of our commitment to quality care for patients and their families.
Located on the first floor of Jefferson Regional Medical Center, the Spiritual Care Department provides the services listed below.
- Spiritual care for patients, families, and staff
- Counseling offered for ethical issues
Programs for the Hospital Community
- Echement Family All Faiths Chapel is always open
- Dial-A-Prayer available by calling extension 4848.
- Weekly Catholic Mass televised live from the Chapel
- Reflection and Meditation service held on Tuesdays from 10 until 10:15 a.m.
- Holy Communion distributed to Roman Catholic patients throughout the week
- Communion available to Protestant patients upon request
- Faith communities notified of patients’ admission upon patient request
- Patient Memorial Services held three times annually
Assistance is also available to clergy and religious leaders at the Spiritual Care Department Office, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call 412-469-5855.
Rev Paul C. Edwards, staff chaplain, is an ordained minister with the American Baptist Churches, USA. He is board-certified by the Association of Professional Chaplains.